Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No news..

I feel like my new mantra is "still here" - as that is basically how I start every conversation, particularly with people at work. For some reason we REALLY had it in our heads that Pluty would come early, so now, at 39 weeks, we are *shocked* to still be here...BUT you can't really blame her, its still early, right? And as I keep reminding W, just because I am 5 minutes early everywhere, doesn't mean that Pluty wont take after her 5-minutes-late approach to life.....(le sigh)

Im definitely in that frustrating "practice" contraction phase, where I get mild-cramping and some intense tightening roughly 4-5 x an hour, but it doesn't seem to be progressing my cervix at all..at least not yet. Two rounds of acupuncture down and a TON of walking...so we will see...but for now, ho-hum..we wait...

8 comments:

  1. I think the waiting at the end must be the worst! Hopefully she's more of a 'right on time' kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you! What I did was all the things I thought I would not have time for after his arrival: I went to the movies, out to eat, to the zoo, etc. I even dragged Speedy on some neighborhood exploratory tours just for the hell of it.

    Believe me, I thought that those weeks would NEVER end, but they do...They really do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read somewhere-- someone's mom told her, "Honey, the baby's easier to take care of on the inside." Not that that sentiment helps keep you from feeling miserable and cumbersome now!

    39 weeks is a great milestone. I hope it's any day (hour/minute) now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My capcha was "CRAMP." Hahahahahaha! I hope that's a good sign for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot imagine how frustrating that must be. Here's hoping that baby makes an appearance soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's showing her stubborn streak, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess this is a good time to get used to being on her schedule, huh?

    ReplyDelete