Friday, October 1, 2010

Things that go bump in the night...

I _think_ we have had our first official confirmation that Pluty is bumping and grinding in there. Last night as we got into bed, I was feeling a TON of "bubbles" (ie maybe a baby moving?) around the edges of my belly. Since I have an anterior placenta I haven't been too conscious of her movements thus far nor hopeful that W would get a good 'feel' for at least a few more weeks. But we lay really still with W's hands on the bottom and side of my belly and sure enough just as I felt a rather powerful "bubble" W shrieked with excitement. The party went on for about 3 minutes and then we all settled down for some sleep.

All and all, it was a pretty *amazing* moment...There _is_ someone in there!

PS: Thanks for all the advice on the flu-shot. I got mine yesterday :)

6 comments:

  1. Amazing is right! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting is that! What a wonderful shared moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! So happy that you both were able to feel the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! So glad you got to share that together!! I've only felt tiny movements at almost 19 weeks with my anterior placenta!! You're lucky!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS very exciting, isn't it? Just so you know, I have an anterior placenta as well and I'm feeling BIG movements for the last month. Just wait! :)

    ReplyDelete