Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Public Debut - 24w

Today Pluty made her public debut...I had to go downtown for a client meeting and right there, in the bathroom of the state government office, a women turned to me, smiled and said, "YUP, I walked in the building behind you and expected we were both headed here" and then she glanced down to my belly. Maybe its because I was wearing a "real" maternity top (as apposed to my normal, longish-sweaters), but whatever the reason, it made me feel...welcome - to what I'm not sure, maybe the club of mothers-to-be? It was nice to be publicly acknowledged, especially by a prefect stranger. I am heading down to DC later this week for more work-related meetings, I wonder if folks at the airport and on the metro and at my office down there will notice... Its exciting but also very expose' all at once!

We start our birthing classes tomorrow night and things are all starting to get "more real" by the day....eiks!

In other news, my mom is headed to town for a long weekend of "organizing" - she is a master of organization and is going to help us sort our basement and clean out a few closets of junk that needs to be a) organized, b) put in bins or c) thrown away...I LOVE organizing as much as my mom, so its gonna be a great weekend!

In even more exciting news, close friends of ours found out they are pregnant! Its still very early and they have been working at this for over 2 years, so again, Im expressing preliminary excitement, but judging from the HCG #s I'm guessing twins! Bring on the June babies!

And in honor of the 24 week milestone, here are some shots of my DEFINITE belly (W has been really stressed this week with getting a chapter out the door so I had to take them myself, sorry for the crappy quality):



and my fav - the toe, or no-toe in this case, shot..

7 comments:

  1. No Toes! :) Enjoy your organizing--that's always my favorite way to hang out with my mom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that belly!!! Yay for the bump being noticed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great belly shot!! You have arrived when you start getting public notice lol Happy that everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, love the belly. Enjoy the public acknowledgement also - I found it liberating myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, definite baby bumpage! You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete