Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quote of the Day...

For those of you who have issue with those "your baby is the size of a [fill in fruit or veggie]" weekly quotes, you will love this as much as I did:

Week 23: Your baby is about 11½ inches long and weighs 1 pound, or about the length and weight of a Harry Potter book
-- one of those stupid weekly pregnancy sites

You are probably also asking..wait, Book 2 or Book 7? I'm betting somewhere around Book 5.

Anyways, it made me laugh and once again marvel at how big pluty is getting. Despite the horrible weather, all is great! This must be the "fun" part of the 2nd trimester that everyone talks about - it is SO AMAZING to feel her tumble around. W has only felt her power-punch once or twice, but mainly because I can never get her hand in position for the really "good" ones...

I will definitely take some belly shots in the next few days, because I'm most certainly growing, if not daily then at least weekly...

...and just so you all don't think its always rainbows and smile-y faces over here, I am wondering if others are still having "morning sickness"? I pretty consistently throw-up at least once a week, and it is _usually_ in the morning, but...wasn't that supposed to stop a while ago? Any one else experience this? Any tips?

4 comments:

  1. lawsy, i hope she's not quite as pointy as an HP book. or did they mean paperback?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Those things are so weird - I go from picturing my baby the size and shape of a banana (creepy!) to a head of lettuce (round!) - and always want to say to my iPhone ap, "do you have any idea how many different sizes of mango there are?" But a Harry Potter book - those are some seriously unbabylike dimensions.

    Will we see you on Thursday?? I will probably be wearing gold boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby, YES! I can't wait..the earlier start time is a bit of an issue so Im sure we will be "the late ones" -- see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not book 7, I hope! That makes me laugh so much. The fruit sizes never made sense to me. (except for, say, pumpkin. I could picture a baby pumpkin). So glad things are going well and Pluty is moving like crazy. Sorry about the continued sickness, tho.

    ReplyDelete