Thursday, August 5, 2010

In N out

We met with our midwife today for our second monthly check-up. I guess I got spoiled by the first appointment, because we were literally in and out in 15 minutes...not that Im' complaining really, we didn't have that much to talk about. I got weighed, peed in cup and we got to listen to the heart beat (pretty cool!)...she answered our few questions and that was that...I was *shocked* to learn that I had actually lost weight, but it must be that I am swapping all of that pre-pregnancy muscle for flub, because I am sure that the growth in my breasts alone added an additional 3-5 lbs. Oh well, our midwife didnt think it was anything to worry about and now that *hopefully* the throwing-up has ended, I can get down to the whole eating-for-two fun.

So we are 14w1d and I keep waiting for that magical second trimester "glow", or at least the "superhuman energy" that everyone keeps talking about. Maybe its our shift back to the _stifling_ east coast heat, or maybe Pluto hasn't realized that 14 weeks should in fact be the 2nd trimester, but I am certainly not feeling anything remotely resembling a burst of energy. Some people have gone so far as to tell me they had more energy during their second trimester then they do in normal life. Now, Im pretty high energy by nature, but I DEFINITELY DONT have even 1/2 of my usual energy - and Im getting in bed at 9pm...maybe for some of those people spending evenings on the couch WAS normal, but...not for me. That all said, I'm not really complaining, its nice to be low key...

I had a request for a belly shot, so we will try to take one this week. I _think_ I am starting to show a bit, but really only if you know what you are looking (i.e. searching) for and mostly, when I dont have any clothes on :) -- but still its exciting...

3 comments:

  1. Seriously! I am usually a very high energy person and these days, I am merely shuffling along....At 22 weeks I am *still* waiting for that mythical burst of energy. If it comes for you, please let me know... I'll be on the couch.


    Looking forward to the belly pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I have not yet experienced the magical energy phase. Not once! Granted, I'm not puking - but I am still tired!

    ReplyDelete