Front:
and maybe the more useful, Side:
I took one from the top-down, which in my opinion is the most dramatic view, but, for some reason the picture didn't really capture it :)
We had a fantastic weekend, ur, Saturday, complete with yoga, birthday bbqs and Waterfire in Providence (I'd never been, its pretty cool!) and then a pretty disastrous Sunday. I got "sick" while we were driving home from a friend's brunch in Wellesley. I will never look at that stretch of 95 the same way again... It was slightly humiliating, but I figured other drivers thought I was either pregnant or a really, really hung over college student :)
Anyways, we go in for our 20 week scan (but only at 18 weeks??) this week. We are excited but also really anxious. While we have no reason to suspect that everything is not a-ok, it is always a bit nerve-wracking to go in and have them look for problems. We did decide to learn the gender, so assuming Pluto cooperates, I should have some news by the end of the week.
Also, I'd love some feedback. We have decided to take a hypno-birthing class that is being offered through our midwife practice. Any thoughts? Have others taken this type of class? It looked "better" than the Natural Birthing Class (we know folks who have taken it and didn't love it) and we figured if we take it at our center, we would a) get to know another of the midwives really well and b) learn more about the birth center and their practices. We were also really hopeful that it would be a bit less heteronormative (compared to some stories we've heard) as its being taught by a lesbian. Anyways, any advice on classes, when to take them and what are the best methods would be greatly appreciated. We are shooting for a midwife-assisted, natural birth, but understand that we might not have complete control. I figured these breathing techniques would be helpful regardless of what comes. I've done a bit of biofeedback in the past (for migraines) and am a real believer. I just want to make sure the class is 'legit' and useful as Ive read TONS of books already...
Happy September, please oh, please let it be an early fall!
I love the belly shots! I think you should post the top-down one as well. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't, obviously, have any experience with this (!), but people rave about hypnobabies. I plan to do it if and when I ever need birthing preparation. From what I read (and I read A LOT) there is a lot more information and cues and scenarios compared to the other hypnosis programs. The Mongan method is another, but people don't seem to like it as much. Here are some hypnobabies birth stories I've found inspiring: http://www.hypnobabies.com/mylink.php?id=3811
Good luck finding something inclusive that works for you!
oh yeah! thanks for the feedback. I am pretty sure it *is* the Mongan method, as their dont seem to be any hypbobaby instructors in MA (weird!) -- but hopefully we will get the same benefits!
ReplyDeleteYou're wearing a belly band to push it back in already?
ReplyDeleteLove the pics! I have a (straight) friend who did hypnobirthing classes which she LOVED and she had one of the smoothest and quickest births I've ever heard of. Not sure of the two are related at all, but it definitely made me interested!
ReplyDeleteYay - the belly pics look great! Obviously, it's the side view that is always most revealing. I've tried many frontal views only to see the pics and think I look fat. Yuck! You, however, look great!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your class. I think I may be the only person in blog world not preparing for going au natural. :) I'm perfectly open to drugs should I need them! haha!