Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week 13, kind of ambiguous, right?

Now I really understand why the blogging slows down mid-pregnancy. Its less about the tiredness for me and more about the lack of news-worthy-ness. Its not that I am complaining that I have nothing exciting to share (actually, I am quite relieved), but it really is an ambiguous time. No photos to share, no rapid-fire decisions being made. We are in this in-between state, finally at the golden 2nd trimester, but not showing yet, so not really pregnant to the casual onlooker. I have been feeling a bit unsettled by it all. As my nausea begins to subside, I am left wondering, am I still pregnant? Sure I am out of breath from walking up the stairs and pretty lazy/tired, but maybe that's just the sluggish person I've become? Or maybe not...

We are have spent the last week telling people, which makes it all more "real" -- but we are both still fighting off the doubt that it really IS real.

My co-worker, who is about 3 months ahead of us, said she didn't start showing at all until 15-16 weeks, and from what Ive read that seems on the early-side even. I am really looking forward to making it to that milestone so I have an excuse for stopping at every Peets coffee just to use the bathroom and ordering a second bowl of soup after downing the first in 10 seconds flat. When did you all begin to show? Am I getting there soon?

7 comments:

  1. I don't count 'cause I had twins. By 16 weeks I was so giant people thought I was almost full term.;)

    But I DID have the whole 'am I still pregnant' thing. That being said, again with twins there's a bit more reassurance s you show sooner AND feel kicks sooner. I'm sure everything is fine, and I think this in betweeny bit is really common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, you'll be there before you know it, i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a definite, "I'm showing now" by Week 15-16 for me also.
    It's funny - I still get the 'am I still pregnant' thing - and I'm 21 weeks with a rounding belly. :) I'm trying to remember to enjoy this trimester also. Before you know it, we'll both be uncomfortable and ready to pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're there in the in-between with you. PB is feeling better, and only starting to show a little bit, if you know her and know what she looked like before. I've more or less come to grips with the notion that there's a fetus growing inside my wife, but the idea that this will translate into an actual, external, baby seems a little beyond me still. I mean, that's forever away, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. After some general thickening around the middle, I really popped around week 18. I look firmly pregnant now at 20 weeks. One day someone will offer you a seat on the T, and then you'll know! How about a belly shot??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for your support and comments. If it isn't too much trouble, I'd appreciate if you would be able to have a conversation off blog regarding FF and specialists in the area that you may know of. I can be reached at babymcbaberson@gmail.com (It forwards to my personal email).

    It's wonderful to read that things are going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well... I am 8weeks and beyond sluggish. I just now got to my blog after two weeks. I just feel so tired and I use the term ... it hurts my brain to do anything. I was pregnant 11 years ago and I did not show till my 5th month. This time around I am showing already! I still can cover it up, but once the cloths come off there is no denying it. Congrats on getting past the 12weeks. Can't wait till it is my turn :)

    ReplyDelete