Do I still wake in a panic some mornings, wondering 'what if this is not real, there are still so many things that can go wrong'? Yes, for sure! But I have also started to settle into the idea that this could happen, we could be moving into the next phase of this pregnancy and it could end in...gulp!
We met with an OB on Monday who wrote us a scrip for the "fanzy prenatal blood test" - its not covered by insurance, but we might be able to get it for under $200, so we are waffling back and forth. Im leaning towards getting it, because I just want to know.everything. but of course, it cant tell us at a 99% accuracy rate that everything will go perfectly with this pregnancy, and birth and subsequent 18-89 years of our unborn kid's life so...what good does it really do, am I right?
In other news, Ive decided to finally get over my 'its a chain letter in disguise' curmudgeon-y take on the Liebster and do it this year. Thanks to these ladies and without further ado, here are some useless facts about me :)

1) If you could meet any one person dead or alive who would it be? Probably my great-aunt's husband. She was the matriarch of our family and her husband died young but is much discussed as a local (and family) hero. I am so much the person I am today because of my great-aunt, so Id be interested in meeting the person she chose to spend her life with - even though he died young and thus their time together was shorter than hoped.
2) Greatest accomplishment thus far? Still working on it, I think (or hope?)
3) Where do you hope to be in 10 years? Pretty much where we are today, but with a few more kids, and a few amazing vacations under our belt. Id really like to spend 9-12 months living abroad, not sure if that will happen in the next decade but Im hoping it will!
4) Best vacation ever? SO hard to choose, Im so lucky to had so many good ones. Maybe biking through the Mekong Delta with W before we got married, or taking a 13-month old Izzy to Morocco, seeing the sights and sounds through her eyes was amazing.
5) Hot or cold? Im always cold, but much prefer to be hot!
6) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? South or East Asia
7) Favorite book? Also, so hard to choose, so Ill just say that the best read in the past few months is Flight Behavior. If you haven't read it - do it!
8) If you could trade lives with someone just for a day who would it be? It sounds silly, but maybe a storm-chaser, Ive always been obsessed with weather. It sound exhilarating, but a day would be enough.
9) Best thing about where you live? I can bike to work, Izzy's school and pretty much everywhere I need to go.
10) You're stuck on a desert island and you get one type of food, what is it? Thai - YUM!
11) What's one fun fact about you that not many people know? Im very VERY dyslexic and run into at least a dozen words I can't spell, without the help of spell-check, on a daily basis. Thank GOD I grew up in the age of computers.
And, in case you still haven't learned enough random tid-bits...
1) What's the best food you've ever eaten? I love to eat, so I can't think of the ultimate best ever, but the best recently was this amazing combo at my all time fav East Bay Ethiopian restaurant. Just thinking of it, makes my mouth water.
2) Favorite Movie? Oddly, I actually don't really like movies so I watch a ton of them, but Usual Suspects was at the top of the list for several years
3) Favorite Book? Since you asked twice...One of my long-standing favs is the Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, I wish I could get into his recent one about Berkeley
4) Guilty Pleasure? YA (young adult) lit. Im just ripped through Divergent in 24 hours, dont judge!
5) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Ive traveled extensively in Asia, South Asia, South Pacific, North Africa and Europe, but Ive never been to South America - so maybe Peru or Argentina.
6) Most embarrassing moment? I dont embarrass easily and nothing is sticking out in my mind..mmmmm
7)Cats or dogs? Definitely dog!
8)Beach or Mountains? beach!
9) Biggest accomplishment? See above.
10) What's your 1 year plan? Get through this pregnancy with grace and ease and welcome a new little one to our family.
11) Who is the most influential person in your life? Its cheating to name two people, but my parents. I am definitely who I am because of them.
Hot potato, you're it. (but dont feel guilted into it) and yes, I did 12, but these are the blogs that I have been following since I started blogging so I just couldn't break up the group (sorry for any double-tags).
- bao in the oven
- Bionic Mamas
- Breathe Dragon
- Cats and Cradles
- Figboiler
- Insert Metaphor
- Lesbo parents to be
- Little Pomegranate Seed
- the figureheads
- mama and mummy
- Mama Karma
- Schroedingers Womb
And here are my questions:
1. What is one talent or aptitude you wish you had?
2. What is your favorite children's book?
3. Beach or mountains?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5.
What is your idea of the perfect day?
6. What is the most surprising aspect of being a parent?
7. If you can travel anywhere for 1 month, where would you go (can be staycation)?
8.
What made you want to start blogging?
9.
What is your guilty pleasure?
10.
Do you have a signature dish? If
so, what is it?
11. Favorite outdoor activity?
No comments:
Post a Comment