Wednesday, July 24, 2013

9 Weeks

Today was our second (and final) prenatal ultrasound with Dr. hippy. We loved him even more when  he started the ultrasound by letting us hear the baby's heart beat, whooshing away at 180!  Measurements were right on target (9 weeks!)



They wished us congratulations, gave us a snap (sorry for the poor quality of the replication) and sent us on our way. We are seeing an OB they recommend as "the best of the best" next week to see if we can squeeze in the new fanzy' chromosomal blood test. When I asked Dr. hippy about the test, I expected him to balk that it was over-kill but he unequivocally said he recommended it for all of his patients.W's insurance changes on August 1 and they no longer cover out-of-state "preventative care" so we are hoping to get the test next Weds (10 weeks exactly, which also happens to be her last day on student insurance).  Then we will wait until we are back to Boston, around 12.5 weeks to meet with the midwives where I gave birth to Iz.

Whoa, breathe.....


2 comments: