Im not sure I am going to have a lot of room this year for turkey-squash-pie goodness, because there is a 4lb BABY in there, but that has not stopped me from being overwhelmingly excited for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. Every year (for years before I came into the picture) my dad's side of the family would gather for a large feast and most importantly a competitive game of charades (skirts versus the jocks - nothing like a bit of gender rivalry). As an only child, this was the one time of the year that I felt like I came from a HUGE, bubbling family as every year we would add more in-laws (no one wanted to miss out on Thanksgiving at (Great) Aunt Cacky's) and the goofiness and competition (charades, of course) would grow. Since my dad is the eldest of the eldest, I am the eldest of my generation of cousins by quite a few years -- I have several first cousins who still qualify for the "child" movie ticket and thus will be closer in age to Pluty then most of her first cousins. I am so excited to introduce her to this amazing family tradition - even if she is still "inside" this year!
Here we are at 30 weeks! (We are still getting bi-weekly scans to monitor her heart arrhythmia. This week the tech exclaimed, "wow, she's gonna be a big-girl, she is already measuring 1-2 weeks ahead"..go Pluty - but that also explains why I feel HUGE).


And..thank you all for your advice on the double-boobies. W and I continue to discuss it and I _think_ we are going to go for it! Although we are a bit overwhelmed but all the meds/intervention (naively, we thought it was just a matter of sucking hard enough), it sounds like an amazing experience to share).
That is a gorgeous baby bump--and a gorgeous baby! I love how her umbilical cord looks like an artistic flourish and the back part of her is in shadow!
ReplyDeleteI missed the 2 v 4 breast conversation somehow, but am very intrigued--please keep us updated on how it goes!
Lookin' good, mama!
ReplyDeleteOoh, how cool to see her face! Can't believe how much you're (she's) growing.
ReplyDeletelove the photos! your belly is sexy and that face is to die for.
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteI say go for the double breast feeding, the meds aren't that intimidating. I'm pretty sure after the BC pills I only took the Motillium. MY wife also too motillium when her supply started to dwindle. Get yourself a Medela supplimenter so you can use your partners milk to fill baby up until you have enough of a supply (i never did make enough for full feeds, I used a supplimenter with every feed) it was totally worth it!
ReplyDelete