Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wow...

So much to tell...where to start.

First the Bad... I have _fully_ developed pregnancy brain (isn't it too early for this!) and now make a habit of leaving at least one article of clothing / accessory everywhere I go. Last night, however, took the cake. We went out to dinner with KD and I left my ENTIRE BAG at the restaurant. Yup. Laptop, work files, ID. EVERYTHING...and the best part was that I didn't even realize it until this morning! Disaster, because, of course, nothing in the mission opens until at least noon and I was stuck without all of my stuff until mid-day...BUT..

on a GREAT note...

We distracted ourselves by going in for the first half of our First Trimester Screening and not only did we LOVE the doctor (if you remember, we had to find a temporary OB in CA who would write us a script for the blood work/ultra-sound, so we thought we were getting the dregs of the barrel) AND he threw in a quick-y ultrasound. Long story short, he was super chatty and answered all of our questions about what tests to get and what they mean. He didn't seem to mind that we would only see him once and made it really easy to transfer the info to our MA midwife. Then he tried to find the heartbeat with a doppler, but couldn't as the placenta was likely blocking it so he offered to do an ultrasound right then and there. About 10 seconds later he reemerged in scrubs, I had a sheet from the waist down (you know the drill) and he pulled up a perfect image of our peanut, who is no longer a peanut, but surprisingly looks like something that resembles an actual baby..Wow..so in honor of his/her new size and status (so long embryo, hello fetus) the peanut has graduated to being known around these parts as Pluto. Anyways, I digress..Dr Wonderful confirmed a strong heartbeat of 160 (I think) AND told us that we were measuring ahead at 11W4D. He felt that the former dating (done at 6 weeks) was less reliable, so in just seconds we gained 4 days! How great is that..

We are still a long way from being free and clear, but we are feeling MUCH more relieved knowing that there is something actually in there, and its growing...We are holding our breath until next week's tests, but it sure is starting to feel pretty real..

Oh and lastly, a quick shout out to the cutie pie, Bao. W and I have been going gaga over the photos, just adorable!

4 comments:

  1. What great luck with your one day Dr. Sounds like he really cares for his profession. How refreshing!
    Good luck with your next scan. I hope you get a tech like I did for the 12 week scan, she was great. My recent one, not so much. O well. You still get great pics and see so much more than you expect to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great visit! It must have been a nice suprise to have the visit go nicely and not be rushed in and out since you were only going to be there one time. I love the nickname, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute and uplifting post. it was nice to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news. That baby in there IS real. Pluto is a go. Congrats on all the good news, and good luck getting your bag back!

    ReplyDelete