
I felt my period coming on all weekend. I was supposed to get it Monday, so on Tuesday when I didn't, Dr. G told me to come in for blood tests. The progesterone and estrodile came back that night and looked "optimistic" but the HCG was sent to Quest so would take a day or two. We waited with baited breath, and in the meantime peed on a stix. It came out mildly positive on Weds mid-day, and pretty positive on Thursday morning but it_could_ have been the HCG shots lingering in my body and we didn't want to get our hopes up...plus I was still cramping like CRAZY and didn't "feel pregnant" (whatever that means).
Finally, yesterday afternoon Dr. G called with my HCG number. It was lower than I would have hoped (107 at DPO 16) but definitely positive and there is some confusion about when I actually ovulated so it could have only been DPO 13...Anyways, despite the number, we are "claiming" it as a pregnancy, who knows about what will happen next, but at least for the present moment, we seem to actually BE PREGNANT -- CRAZY. We cant really wrap our head around it. What are we supposed to do now?
I went in for another blood test yesterday afternoon so I hope to get some numbers before everything closes down for the long weekend. I am hoping they come back strong so we can relax this weekend (ha!) I find my mind cycling through all of the possibilities - from, "wow, we could have a baby next January" to "ugg, we shouldn't be too hopeful, we may jinx it!" How does anyone make it through the first week, let alone the first 12!
Lessons learned: 1)IVF (or the threat of it) really does work miracles! 2) For those of you using fresh sperm, I STRONGLY recommend you track down the "sperm launcher" - ie o-cup with stem...as Dr. G said, he has a roughly 50% success rate - not bad odds! 3) A symptom-free TWW can be considered a symptom!
Happy Memorial Day to all - we will keep you posted -- and hope to run into some of you this weekend in Ptown!
Congratulations! That's so freaking awesome.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is wonderful news! I am looking forward to hearing your second beta! What a great surprise!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great surprise! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see what the second beta is. Good job, ladies!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations! I hope your second beta lets you have a joyful, celebratory weekend.
ReplyDeleteyea yea YAY! congrats! we'll be in ptown on monday so if you see us, say something!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Congratulations! I'd be doing a little happy dance in my seat, but my lap is full of cat, and he'd likely object.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, I spent most of the first week thinking it couldn't be real. PB (with my strong encouragement) peed on cheap tests until the lines got dark enough that we wouldn't have learned anything new. We haven't had blood drawn, but the progressive darkening of the sticks looked like it should. So hopefully your blood draw will come back with reassuring numbers too.
I'm so excited for y'all! I'm also excited that if everything goes well for both of us, y'all going to be due around the same time we are. (Knock on wood.) :-)
Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteNo margaritas for you in Ptown! hehe
BTW, I cramped the first 1-2 weeks also (which is normal and felt like my period was coming) and pretty much was symptomless as well. Looking forward to hearing about your next beta!
Whoa!!! Look at that! All this talk of IVF and your eggs were like "aw hell no, let's get our acts together" and went for the old fashioned option. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteAs you might remember I had a "low" initial beta but the numbers doubled strongly and that's what matters. Grow baby grow!
And I wish I knew what you looked like because there's no way we are not going to pass each other in the street at some pt this weekend...
Yay!!! Congratulations! That is fabulous news. I am so incredibly happy for you. Keeping my fingers crossed for an absolutely perfect second beta.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations lady! So insanely excited for you both. Looking forward to the next wonderfully doubling beta report.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I only saw this now. Congrats Congrats Congrats! I'm so happy for you both. I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months
ReplyDeleteaaahhh ... i can't believe i missed this post - heartfelt congrats for you both! M x
ReplyDelete