Tuesday, May 11, 2010

DPO 2..

Its been a bit of a whirl-wind past few days, but now I am down in So.Cal for the week (for work meetings) and settling into the joyous TWW.

We did two back to back 'live' insems over the weekend - using the new-fan-dangled o-cup (?) provided by Dr. G (the original). It was actually pretty hilarious as neither W nor I had any idea how to use it - and of course, neither of us had thought to 'practice' using it before hand either. Our KD kept referring to it as 'the sperm launcher' so I supposed its official blog name will remain as that. Anyways, with some giggles we got the damn thing in there and sort-of properly aligned without much issue. The real trouble came when we attempted to take it out. It is nearly impossible to get it out without spilling the 'baby juice', as it were ALL OVER. (Sorry, this gets slightly gross) Attempt 1, I did manage to stay clear, but #2, was pretty much an unmitigated disaster. For two women who have had little contact with sperm, we felt like we were literally swimming in it. YUCK..

Ok, sorry for that...just figured if anyone else out there was considering using the contraption, they should know what they were getting themselves into.

The rest of the weekend in SF was lovely. We had several amazing meals and saw some great friends. Given the fact that we have IVF on the not-to-distant horizon and that we had virtually no control over timing (W and I were only going to be in SF together 3 days) we decided to give-up on stressing over timing the late OPKs and pee sticks and just inseminate whenever it was easiest for us and KD. Miraculously, I got a peak on Sunday AM so we feel like we nailed the timing of our Sat and Sun PM insems. I guess this is as "leaving is up to chance" as this process can get. Along that vein, I wont be temping/charting/obsessing over this TWW (sure, I say that now). And, I guess, I will NOT be running either, as my new acupuncturist gave me the N-O- on that this month -- walking, cycling are ok, I guess.

A late Happy Mothers Day out there to all those new moms and soon-to-be moms (that's all of us!).

4 comments:

  1. OMG, the insemination sounds hysterical.

    My fingers are crossed for this to be the cycle for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these TTC comedies of errors! That must have been hilarious. Sounds like timing was on your side - I hope this one works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy story! Good luck to us both this time around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, there is something amusing about being a lesbian couple dealing with the, um, male genetic material. Good luck with it, though! Hopefully this cycle will work out for y'all. :-)

    ReplyDelete