Not much more to say that the title didnt already give away. We did #3 this morning on my second day of peak, despite the fact that I am pretty sure I ovulated on Peak Day 1. But, it cant hurt, right?
I also seem to have come down with my annual December flu/cold. Boo! I spent the day laying on the couch reading and playing games with W and the fam. Rough :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there! Thought I'd comment here instead of my own blog on your question with PRS. Warning - this will probably be a long comment!We initially picked PRS because we also had a KD at the time and it was convenient for him. Also, we're sticklers for the legal stuff as well as having a reserve for a 2nd baby in a few years. Unfortunately our KD donor ended up having a low sperm count and low motility. (Bad surprise for him also.) After much mulling and rechecking we moved on to an open donor with PRS. At that point we decided to stick with them since we had already paid our up fronts consultation fees, etc. Our experience with them so far has been fair. Not terrible but they do seem pretty unorganized. We had a few mixed up payments and some confusing communication with them. (Also, not the most organized office environment - boxes in the hallways and such.) It seems to be fine now (as you saw we just did our first IUI). The shipment went without a hitch and the donor's sperm #s were all good. We only bought 4 vials to start with (2 per cycle). We decided, however, that if we don't get pregnant with this donor we'll probably move on to Cryobank.
ReplyDeleteSooooo, long explanation. :) They are decent, we received our shipment without a hitch but not our first choice if we were to start over.
Sounds like your guy is in SF, yes? If so, it may still be the best choice for you. Be careful doing those IUIs though! We initially planned to do the same thing but then the PRS midwife scared us away from doing them ourselves (chance of repturing the uterus, etc - she was a bit abrasive). Personally, I'm glad we're using a RE now. I feel safer and that our chances are higher. But, as you know, much more expesive. So, just be careful! Practice with something first! hehe
Don't hesitate to write if you have any other questions babybooga at gmail dot com
Good luck!!!