Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"Baby Izzy"

It was a big day in Chez-Stixs yesterday. We had our 18 week scan (phew, all looked totally normal, but tests are stressful, yo!) and we told Izzy that she is going to be a big sister! Our midwife appointment was in the late afternoon so after the scan (and good news!) we picked her up and brought her with us to the appointment. It was a nice reunion with the midwife who was party to Izzy's delivery (she didnt actually catch her, but was there for the 1st "shift" of my 36 hour labor) and she was WAY into the medical equiptment - scales and dopplers and pee cups, oh my!

In general, Izzy seemed pretty nonplussed by the announcement but then would mention "Im going to be a sister" every 20 minutes or so, it is sinking in toddler-style (its all about ME!). Case in point, when we asked Iz what we should name the baby, she responded without missing a beat - "Baby Izzy." But wont that get confusing, I countered. "Nope, Im Big Izzy, the baby will be Baby Izzy, and I will carry it around with me everywhere" (duh, mom!). Needless to say, we are struggling with a front-runner name, but I have since become obsessed  with this website - thanks for the suggestion! I am definitely going to write in for advice. (P.S. Thanks for other suggestions, unfortunately Jasper, which we like too, is the name of a particularly horrible KD break-up so, not a viable option for our family - If you have other "J" names, send em our way).

This milestone was the last before we are really "going public" with the news and I'm so excited to get...well, publicly excited! W is starting to look more pregnant and we are edging towards the 1/2 way mark. We are both officially telling our colleagues this week and the zipped-lip-request given to our parents has been lifted.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I asked Juju if she wanted Mummy and Mama to have another baby. She wants a girl baby and she wants to name it Cotton Candy! (BTW, hello, stripper name.) She's never even had cotton candy, but she has the horrid book with it in it. Baby Izzy is cute, but not good for a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally behind on the blogs but happy to hear all is going well...didn't even know you were pregnant...so congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, lots of big milestones! Glad that the scan went well--those things are definitely nerve-wracking.
    I love the "Big Izzy" and "Baby Izzy"! I'm trying to come up with a J boys name that could have "Izzy" for a nickname....

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby izzy! could anything be cuter!?
    my sister just had her second, a boy, and my niece, who is 3, is such a sweet big sister. she also insisted that she was all the care the baby would need! obviously!

    as for J names -- my fave is julian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonah was a contender for Bunny's name. I also like Julian, but then the ZunZun's actual name was also a contender for Bunny's name. I like James, so classic. I know someone whose so is named Judah. They call him Jude. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josiah could be baby Izzy. I know a few moms with kids named Josiah but I hate that name.

    ReplyDelete