Hello, half-way point! So nice to see you - we are feeling pretty drama-free but TIRED. 140 days in, 140 out, thats both short, and yet soooo long. We are starting to get excited, no less anxious, but beginning the count-down. Two of my favorite bloggers have recently had babies or are about to pop so while Im sad to still have 20 weeks to go, I am so enjoying this Fall, this time with Iz, our family of 3.
I came back last night from a 3-night business trip. Laying in bed this morning with Iz, our pillow talk:
"Mom, do you like bugs?"
"Yup, I do"
"But not all bugs, right?"
"Well, almost all, but I love lady bugs"
"But, what about fruit flies?"
HA, I love the mind of a 2.5 year old. It doesn't matter than 25 minutes later she was screaming at me because the leggings she picked out weren't tights. The raw joy, wonder, frustration and silliness. I just love it!
Izzy is increasingly excited to be a sister -- and for the first year, seems to be into Halloween. Curious George, Sunshine (care)bear and a napkin (?!?) seem to be in the running for this year's costume.
I am also loving on our new england fall this year. The warm days, crisp morning rides to school and beautiful cloud patterns. I dont love how early dusk sets in, or how damp/cold the house feels in the morning but I dont hate the idea of burrowing in for a cozy winter.
Until then, some signs of Fall -- apples, pumpkins and Pippi!
I came back last night from a 3-night business trip. Laying in bed this morning with Iz, our pillow talk:
"Mom, do you like bugs?"
"Yup, I do"
"But not all bugs, right?"
"Well, almost all, but I love lady bugs"
"But, what about fruit flies?"
HA, I love the mind of a 2.5 year old. It doesn't matter than 25 minutes later she was screaming at me because the leggings she picked out weren't tights. The raw joy, wonder, frustration and silliness. I just love it!
Izzy is increasingly excited to be a sister -- and for the first year, seems to be into Halloween. Curious George, Sunshine (care)bear and a napkin (?!?) seem to be in the running for this year's costume.
I am also loving on our new england fall this year. The warm days, crisp morning rides to school and beautiful cloud patterns. I dont love how early dusk sets in, or how damp/cold the house feels in the morning but I dont hate the idea of burrowing in for a cozy winter.
Until then, some signs of Fall -- apples, pumpkins and Pippi!



omg, where did you find the pippi dress? AMAZING! congrats on the halfway mark!
ReplyDeleteYay for fall and for 20 weeks! I love the Izzy stories, especially her Halloween costume options.
ReplyDelete