Thursday, November 15, 2012

Giving Thanks...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I know I have written in past years about the 30+ family members that get together for four days of food and fun. This year will be particularly special as we are hosting -- and it will be Izzy's first *real* Thanksgiving that she may remember. But its also bittersweet since it would have marked our 12th week -- and we had hoped to be able to share the good news. The freshness of the disappointment has worn off and W and I are each dealing with it in our own way. I think the sadness/anger is much harder for her as she is also dealing with some pretty dramatic hormone shifts and the emotions that come when you distrust your own body. For me, its the milestones, like Thanksgiving, that feel hard -- reminding me of what we lost -- but still very much want.

I am so thankful this year for our little family of 3 -- for our family of 30 and the much broader family of you all. Checking my google-reader is often the first and last thing I do each day. I appreciate your musings, your support and your (often) parallel experiences.

4 comments:

  1. Bittersweet, indeed. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thanksgiving. surely next year you will be celebrating with a newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, go check out my blog to read more! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my favorite, too, for the sake of its relative simplicity: Jsut gathering and eating and being kind to each other,

    I hope this year brings you comfort and joy.

    ReplyDelete