I feel like I am following in the footsteps of so many others as I sit down to write my "I hate insurance" post.
Despite the fact that its illegal in MA NOT to cover infertility treatment, W's insurance is through her University and, as a private group, they have a loop hole. I guess, technically, we do get coverage, BUT its only up to 5K for the WHOLE year, which started on September 1, for everything (meds, treatment, tests, etc).
We are annoyed -- particularly as the elusive Try #6 was just a month away. We are going to re-group, talk to KD, think about what makes the most sense and then move forward. We are lucky in the sense that we probably can afford to move ahead with IVF if thats what we decided, but its hard to justify the cost, particularly since we have a "free" option.
As if there isn't enough emotional crap to deal with during the TTC process, dealing with unhelpful, unsympathetic insurance folks definitely puts me over the edge.
Despite the fact that its illegal in MA NOT to cover infertility treatment, W's insurance is through her University and, as a private group, they have a loop hole. I guess, technically, we do get coverage, BUT its only up to 5K for the WHOLE year, which started on September 1, for everything (meds, treatment, tests, etc).
We are annoyed -- particularly as the elusive Try #6 was just a month away. We are going to re-group, talk to KD, think about what makes the most sense and then move forward. We are lucky in the sense that we probably can afford to move ahead with IVF if thats what we decided, but its hard to justify the cost, particularly since we have a "free" option.
As if there isn't enough emotional crap to deal with during the TTC process, dealing with unhelpful, unsympathetic insurance folks definitely puts me over the edge.
Wow, that does sound incredibly frustrating.
ReplyDeleteInsurance! I hate it, hate it, need it, hate it. It's an abusive relationship, isn't it? Sucks that loop holes like that exist. Sorry that you have to deal with it on top of the rest. (Mama Deux here. It thinks I'm anon, it seems).
ReplyDeleteugh! insurance sucks. they just don't get it nor do they care! we ended up off the charts early on with the twins and while the out of pocket was insane it was worth every penny!
ReplyDelete