Friday, February 11, 2011

Where to begin...

How is it that we do "nothing" all day, but can't seem to get anything "done" -- such is life with newborn -- and its wonderful! I try to select ONE task, ONE outing and ONE chore for the day and as long as I at least attempt those.. well, then the day is considered a success.

Yesterday we made the great switch over to cloth diapers as we had run out of the free-bie pampers we got from the hospital. This not only consisted of a trip to the nearby Diaper Lab, where they "fitted" Izzy -- and gave us some tips -- but also 3-5 loads of laundry. Not to mention about 101 diaper changes...AND last night we actually turned on the TV for the first time and had a blissful 42 minutes of Law-and-Order-saturated-zone out. What a day!

Today, will be equally as "exciting" -- I started with a 15 minutes "work" call - that was slightly surreal, followed by a trip out to visit the space we are using for Izzy's Naming Ceremony and this afternoon, i'll try to tackle the invitations and make butternut squash soup and brisket for dinner (we have pretty much subsided on our fridge-full of delicious "drop-offs" since coming home... but wow its nice to be able to cook again after months of "morning sickness").

So that is all to say, life is good..and wildly full, in a newborn sort of way. Apart from some diaper rash (how does one "air" dry? any advice on the best approach? as soon as I lay her down, she poops/pees) and some chapped/bloody nipples (visit to the lactation consultant was Monday's "outing"), all is grand in our sleep-deprived blur...

and to leave you with a few images from the week...



Izzy's first outing - we went to diesel for a latte'



We LOVE the carseat!



She looks so peaceful when she is sleeping!


And a sneak-preview of the Valentine's Photo Shoot...

9 comments:

  1. Izzy is absolutely adorable! I keep looking at those pics and the previous and she reminds me so much of my daughter when she was just a newborn!! Sigh. Newborns are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you are doing GREAT! You have the right attitude-- ONE "thing" each day was all we could attempt in those early days (and still sometimes these days!)
    I wish I had something to tell you about diaper rash, but we have not had to deal with that yet.

    Izzy looks amazing! Congratulations again. You seem to be doing a wonderful job! I hope the LC was helpful. BF'ing was my biggest bane in the first few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. diesel! so close to us! i always forget you guys are here. she is beautiful and it sounds like you are all doing great (and really even getting out of the house once a week in this icy madness is commendable).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- what a beauty. Sounds like you have things under control- Law and Order, lattes, and work meetings? Good job and congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so lovely. Congrats again! I love your one thing per day attitude, just right. I'm jealous of your diaper depot-- sounds fab! We may do a mail order cloth diaper trial, but it would be so great to have something local.

    Bring on the Valentine photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is absolutely adorable. I'm taking notes over here and love the one thing a day idea. Looking forward to a CD update. Sounds like all is going wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of lighting do you use for your at-home photo shoots? I'm really quite impressed with the results. I meant to ask you this when you posted your belly shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Diaper Lab! We got Gray his diapers and system there too. I'm wicked impressed that you are starting this early - it took us 6 weeks to get there! I let Gray air dry and hope for the best with peeing/pooping en plein aire. We keep a waterproof pad down on the changing table. He just loves to wave his booty and legs around when he's naked and I hate to put a diaper back on when he's not totally dry. It took a few weeks, but at least as far as pooping is concerned, we're getting better at figuring out when it's coming and waiting to change him until it's all out - you'll figure it out.

    Let me know if you ever want to meet up at Diesel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness she's beatutiful!

    ReplyDelete