Yup, that right. Test results came back and, most importantly, we are at the lowest risk for the trisomy trio (WHEW!!!). Waiting for test results made for a stressful week. We still have the nuchal fold business when we get back home, but we are both feeling a HUGE sense of relief to get this hurdle out of the way. Its all starting to feel a bit more real.
We also learned.....we are having a BOY!
That has yet to really sink in.
When we had originally thought that Iz was going to be a boy, I had really psyched myself up for a boy, but after the amazing-ness that is a girl, we were sort of hoping for a repeat (and an easier hand-me-down situation). Logistics aside, our families are both ALL strong women so its going to be a real domain shift.
In other news, W has been feeling pretty crummy the past few days (morning sickness ramp up around 11 weeks??) but as of Wednesday we hit week 12 so I am hoping things calm down on that front by the time the semester starts in two weeks. We pack up and head east this weekend to return to "normal" life, which is both sad (bye-bye beach life) and exciting (hello full time childcare!).
Ive mentioned it before, but I love trends, tradition and parallels so I am excited to be leaving CA as we had 3 years ago, with the first round of "scary" tests out of the way, and hopeful for a February baby.
We also learned.....we are having a BOY!
That has yet to really sink in.
When we had originally thought that Iz was going to be a boy, I had really psyched myself up for a boy, but after the amazing-ness that is a girl, we were sort of hoping for a repeat (and an easier hand-me-down situation). Logistics aside, our families are both ALL strong women so its going to be a real domain shift.
In other news, W has been feeling pretty crummy the past few days (morning sickness ramp up around 11 weeks??) but as of Wednesday we hit week 12 so I am hoping things calm down on that front by the time the semester starts in two weeks. We pack up and head east this weekend to return to "normal" life, which is both sad (bye-bye beach life) and exciting (hello full time childcare!).
Ive mentioned it before, but I love trends, tradition and parallels so I am excited to be leaving CA as we had 3 years ago, with the first round of "scary" tests out of the way, and hopeful for a February baby.
So much excitement for you! We're looking forward to your return and eventual play date over here at the new place!
ReplyDeleteHooray for boys!!
ReplyDeleteLove boys!!! Probably because I have a teenage daughter...lol
ReplyDeletea boy!!! congrats!!! i must say, i was terrified at the thought that we might have a boy, and by the time he was born i couldn't have imagined it any other way. boys are a delight. and so so sweet! i'm excited for you!
ReplyDelete