So I pretty much hit the newsworthy highlight of yesterday's ultra-sound in my last post, but obviously most importantly we were really relieved to learn that Pluty is on-schedule for growth and that all of her organs/systems/anatomy (or whatever they are looking for) looked good. Our practice doesn't do combined screening unless we ask for is specially or are high-risk, so we decided not to get the second round of blood tests. The scans all came back looking normal and there is no indication that there are any issues, so for now she has a clear bill of heath! [the tech was not able to get any good frontal views of her face, as she was laying butt-up, and her ribs were casting a shadow over her face, so after poking, jabbing, coughing and peeing, we decided to give-up and we go in next week to take a few more "glamor" shots. The tech apologized profusely for the inconvenience, but we were thrilled. Another chance to see Pluty up-close and personal next week - GREAT].
We were also told that my placenta is high, but anterior meaning that I might not feel her kick for several more weeks. Apparently, the placenta acts as a cushion on the outer-side of my uterus, muffling her "blows". We have friends who are a few months ahead of us and have really enjoyed the fact that they can BOTH feel the baby kick and roll around. I really hope, particularly for W's sake, that the anterior placenta won't stop us from experiencing that too, even if its just a bit later. Anyone else have a similar experience? When did you start to feel little flutters of kicking? Were you able to see/feel them externally too?
For now at least, we are kicking-back, enjoying the cool weather brought by my dear friend Earl and looking forward to a long weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there. We love keeping up with your adventures!
ReplyDeleteWe'd love it if you'd check out our new equality-friendly tshirt shop www.cafepress.com/thenewnuclearfamily
Much love from the moms at www.twomomsandababybump.blogspot.com
We have an anterior placenta too (as we found out yesterday), but PB is starting to feel things around the edges of it. I'm assuming that as the baby gets big enough, I'll be able to feel movement from the outside, too. I mean, after a while, they get big enough that a lot of times you can *see* movement from the outside. I don't think any amount of placenta is going to muffle that enough to keep W from feeling it.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't make Meet the Midwives! We got stuck in traffic on the other side of the bridge. Boo! Hope it was good...and so sorry we didn't get a chance to meet you.
ReplyDelete