Yesterday was my first day in the office. It was GREAT -- I really enjoyed reconnecting with my colleagues and jumping back into the "grind" of work. W and Izzy has a fun-filled day planned and when I checked in mid-day, W seemed to love "being a full-time mom today" -- in fact the hardest part was the fact that many people -- colleagues as well as friends who I have told about my "part-time work re-entry" have not been exactly positive. They haven't been negative but they all seem shocked (and somewhat awed) that I would prefer to be at work versus at home with my adorable little Izzy. I would guess that returning to work full-time, where one is gone all five week days is really really hard and I feel lucky that I will be switching to a 3 day work week in a couple of weeks when Izzy is 3 months and probably never going back to a full 5-day work week. Maybe part of it was knowing that Izzy was with her other mom, versus daycare or a nanny. I am almost ashamed to admit it, but it was really freeing and fantastic to take a shower, kiss them both goodbye and head into the office. I think it actually will make me a better mom the other days I am home with her, but it did make me feel guilty and like I had to justify my reasoning for being at the office. I wonder if this is how some dads feel?
Anyways, now on to the fun stuff..here are some new snaps from Izzy's fantastic day with W.




Ps - thanks for the advice on gas issues, the green poo and return of the rash is making me think it is allergies, but who knows. Being the neurotic moms that we are, we made an appointment with the pedi today :)
TMI, but what kind of green poo are you speaking of? Is it dark green and frothy (which indicates a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance) or just normal texture but green in color?
ReplyDeletehooray for balance! what a cutie - i love all of her outfits.
ReplyDeleteShe is so adorable. Balance sounds perfect. I think everyone will benefit.
ReplyDeleteShe's so beautiful! I'm happy to hear about balance.
ReplyDeleteHey Straw..I think it is green/frothy, which as you said, confirms my guess that it is related to foremilk/hindmilk. I did a bit of "research" -- googling -- and found that is a common issue for women who have overproduction issues. According to the LLL, we can block feed. I cant imaging how I will go 9 hours without draining each side, but lets give it a whirl! Any suggestions?
ReplyDeleteThat's how we solved the problem- with block feeding. We followed the instructions on kellymom. My wife offered the same breast for 2-3 feedings in a row, and hand-expressed only enough to relieve discomfort from the other breast (and saved that milk). After 2-3 days his poop was back to normal and after a week the entire problem had resolved and she could go back to normal feedings again. Good luck!
ReplyDelete